Price Sues Andre
British TV personality Katie Price is suing her ex-husband Peter Andre over an alleged breach of confidence.
The model-turned-reality TV star began legal proceedings against the Aussie pop star at Britain's High Court on Friday, accusing him of misusing personal information about her.
Price applied for an injunction against Andre, and also named her ex-manager Claire Powell - who is the singer's current agent - in her official court documents.
A source tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "Katie has been trying to reach an agreement but it hasn't happened amicably, so she has gone to the courts instead. She's frustrated, but she hopes that they can all reconcile their problems soon."
A representative for the glamour girl has confirmed Price is taking legal action.
The stars, who married in 2005 and have two children together, have had their fair share of legal woes since divorcing in 2009 - last year, Price agreed to pay Andre damages after accusing him of cheating on her during their marriage. »
Hart In Hospital For Epidurals To Treat Hip
Pink's husband Carey Hart is feeling the effects of his years riding motocross - he's checked into hospital for painkilling injections to treat his bodily aches.
The daredevil motorcycle star took to his Twitter.com page on Friday to tell followers he had been admitted into medical care to receive treatment for a persistently sore hip.
In a series of tweets, he writes, "Getting an epidural for spine and hip injections now. Beat up on your body like I do, you have to pay the price. Let's get this over with."
Hart also posted photos of himself lying in a hospital bed wearing a patient gown and cap, adding: "When you have hospital get up on, it's never a good feeling. Let's do this!!!"
The 36-year-old daredevil later assured fans he was feeling much better after his visit, tweeting, "Procedure went good, the anesthesia (sic) kicked my a**. But it is pretty fun when it starts to kick in. Had to get an epidural and a few shots in my spine. Got a thrashed... hip. Feel good now!" »
Glee In Name Battle With U.K. Comedy Club King
Hit TV musical Glee could be taken off the air in the U.K. over a legal battle with the owner of a comedy club chain.
Mark Tughan, who launched his Glee Club franchise in England in the 1990s, is suing bosses at Twentieth Century Fox for breach of trademark, claiming the shared name is bad for his business.
The complaint is to be heard at Britain's High Court after a judge at London's Patents County Court warned on Thursday that a win would mean "the television programme, at least in its current form, would have to be taken off the air".
Judge Colin Birss admitted a ruling against Fox executives, who have filed a counterclaim, would be "potentially catastrophic" for the Glee phenomenon.
Tughan first launched his complaint last September when he said the family-friendly series, which stars Matthew Morrison as a teacher to a group of singing high school students, was damaging his brand.
He explained, "People associate us with the show and I can't be in that position as we couldn't be more different. Glee's performers sing covers and the programme is aimed at a young demographic while mine starts at 18. It's manifested itself in the under-performance of newer outlets in Oxford and Nottingham.
"Members of staff said people were walking along the street and pointing to the entrance, asking if it was something to do with the TV show." »
Kardashian Reconsiders Lawsuit After Flour Prank
Kim Kardashian is having second thoughts about pursuing legal action against the prankster who showered her in flour on the red carpet on Thursday.
The socialite was left red-faced and covered in white powder after a bag of flour was dumped on her while she was chatting to reporters at a glamorous West Hollywood event.
After the incident, Kardashian admitted she had no plans to sue her as-yet-unidentified attacker as she has a number of ongoing legal battles, including disputes over a weight-loss drug and a hair-removal product she endorses.
She quipped, "Don't I have one too many lawsuits going on right now? Do you think I really need to add another one?"
But now the reality TV star is seriously reconsidering pressing charges.
She tells EOnline.com, "I said earlier no I wasn't (going to lodge a complaint). I am just going to think about it, because I don't want someone to think they can really get away with that. So we are going to handle that.
"I was laughing it off earlier and, you know, I think that is the only thing I knew how to do at the time. But I just think it is such a shame that someone like that... would ruin an event, or attempt to ruin an event...
"Now that I think about it and had some time to digest it, I think, 'What if that was some other substance? What if that person had a dangerous weapon?' It's scary. And what's even scarier is this woman acted as if she was a part of the press. She just came out of nowhere!... I'm gonna definitely deal with it because it is not acceptable."
Kardashian was promoting her new perfume, True Reflection, at the charity launch to benefit the women's organisation Dress For Success. »
Accused Johansson Hacker To Change Plea To Guilty
A Florida man charged with hacking into the email accounts of stars including Scarlett Johansson and Mila Kunis is facing up to 60 years in prison after agreeing to plead guilty to the felony counts.
Christopher Chaney, 35, was taken into custody in October and charged with 25 counts of identity theft before being released on bail.
He denied the accusations and entered a not guilty plea, but new documents filed in court on Thursday show Chaney is now set to confess to nine felonies, including unauthorised access to a computer and wiretapping for crimes committed between November, 2010 and his arrest.
He is expected to officially change his plea to guilty in court on Monday.
Actress Johansson had nude photos intended for her then-husband Ryan Reynolds stolen from her phone and leaked online, and she recently admitted the incident had made her "incredibly paranoid" as she began to suspect a close friend had been behind the betrayal. »
Celebrities Back Obama's Call For Martin Probe
Will Ferrell, Spike Lee and Sean 'Diddy' Combs have thrown their support behind Barack Obama after the U.S. President demanded a full investigation into Trayvon Martin's murder.
Obama has stepped into the debate after the unarmed African-American 17 year old was shot dead in a Florida gated community on 26 February by a neighbourhood watch volunteer, George Zimmerman, who has not been arrested and who claims he was acting in self-defence.
The president admitted on Friday he had been moved by the racially-charged incident, insisting, "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon," and calling for an official probe.
Now a slew of stars have backed Obama, with director Lee taking to Twitter.com to post a photo of his own son wearing a hooded sweatshirt as a sign of solidarity for Martin, who was wearing a 'hoodie' when he was gunned down.
Lee quoted Obama before tweeting, "My 14 Year Old Son, Jackson Lewis Lee. He Is Trayvon Martin," while Sex and the City star Gilles Marini also released a photo of himself in a hoodie, adding, "I loved what Obama said... Here (is) my hoodie pic as respect to Trayvon."
Rapper Combs showed fans a picture of himself wearing a hoodie while holding a photo of Martin, alongside the caption, "I didn't know wearing a hoodie made me a target. Justice Is Needed."
Ferrell also offered to donate money to the newly-launched Trayvon Martin Foundation, which fights racism, for every person who re-tweets the message, "R.I.P Trayvon Martin", and actress Holly Robinson Peete added, "Wow I never thought I'd see the day a Us President would say 'If I had a son he'd look like Trayvon Martin'. Justice 4 (for) Trayvon." »
Articles Copyright All